- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 100g good-quality milk chocolate, chopped
Chocolate glace icing
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease eight 1/3-cup capacity muffin holes.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, cocoa powder and boiling water until well combined. Add egg and sour cream. Mix well.
- Sift flour over butter mixture. Add milk chocolate and gently stir to combine. Three-quarter fill muffin holes with mixture. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Carefully turn out onto a wire rack.
- Make chocolate glace icing: Combine chocolate and cream in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until smooth and runny.
- Working quickly, spoon glace icing over warm cakes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SourceSuper Food Ideas
Recipe by Janelle Bloom